Yet Another Leather Smelting Mod 1.9, 1.8.9, 1.7.10 adds a crafting recipe that allows you to craft 5x Rotten Flesh into 1x Patchwork Flesh, and a smelting recipe that allows you to smelt Patchwork Flesh into Leather. Experience gained from smelting is 0.35, equivalent to cooking raw beef into steak.
The ID of Patchwork Flesh is configurable in 1.6.4 versions, of course, using YALSM.cfg that gets created in your config folder. It defaults to 9753 (thanks random.org!).
Also optionally (disabled by default) adds a single smelting recipe that allows you to smelt Rotten Flesh directly into Leather. Experience gained from smelting is the minimum allowed (0.1, same as Cobblestone –> Stone). Turn this on in YALSM.cfg if you want it.
Yet Another Leather Smelting Mod Installation:
- First you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Then download this Minecraft mod file at link below.
- Go to %appdata%. It can also be found by searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does’nt exist in your PC, you’ll need create one.
- Then drag and drop the downloaded .jar (or .zip) file into mods folder.
Note: Minecraft Versions 1.8+ and above require airbreathercore