With World Downloader mod 1.8, 1.7.10 you can download parts of a multiplayer world while you are connected to the server.
- You need to open chests while downloading or their contents cannot be saved.
- If you are op, you can use /seed to request the seed and it will be saved (not yet in the beta v2 version).
- If your single player world is empty/void, wait 30 seconds after you “stop download” before you disconnect and open the single player file. The beta version reports when save is actually completed.
How to install: New for 1.6.X and later (example shown for 1.7.10):
- Close the launcher.
- Copy the .minecraft/versions/1.6.2 folder to .minecraft/versions/1.7.10.wdl
- Go into folder 1.7.10.wdl
- Rename 1.7.10.jar to 1.7.10.wdl.jar
- Rename 1.7.10.json to 1.7.10.wdl.json
- Edit 1.7.10.wdl.json and replace text “1.7.10” with “1.7.10.wdl”
- Open 1.7.10.wdl.jar, delete META-INF and copy in the class files from the World Downloader zipfile.
- Restart the launcher, “edit profile” and then “use version” 1.7.10.wdl.
Pre-1.6 instructions below:
- Open your minecraft.jar* with an archive tool like 7zip or WinRAR.
- Put the class files you just downloaded in there. Overwrite if necessary.
- Delete the META-INF folder if it exists in the jar file.
- Close the archive and save if asked.
You can find this file on …
- Windows by entering %APPDATA%\.minecraft\bin in an Explorer window or in the start->run dialog.
- Linux by opening ~/.minecraft/bin/ in a file manager of your choice.
- Mac OS X by opening Library/Application Support/minecraft/bin in Finder.