Since 1.7.10, there are some changes come to the Minecraft GUI scale ratio calculation, which makes many small text unable to read and distinguish in Unicode font mode. If you plays the game by setting the option “Force Unicode Font” to “ON” or under a Unicode-only language environment like Chinese or Japanese, you will meet this annoying problem.
For example, this is what you can see though a thaumometer in Unicode font mode:
Look at the popup messages in the lower right corner. Terrible, right? I have reported many issues to other mod authors to require them to enlarge the small font in their mod. Unfortunately not all of them want to do that. So finally I have to do it my self.
Unicode Font Fixer Mod 1.7.10, 1.7.2 is a mod to fix broken text caused by small Unicode font (those text with < 1.0 OpenGL scale ratio).
Currently it supports the following mods:
- Steve’s Factory Manager
- Hardcore Questing Mode
- Modular Powersuits
- Traveller’s Gear
- Electrical Age
- Mine Trading Cards
- Tinker’s Construct
Unicode Font Fixer Mod Installation:
- First you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Then download this Minecraft mod file at link below.
- Go to %appdata%. It can also be found by searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does’nt exist in your PC, you’ll need create one.
- Then drag and drop the downloaded .jar (or .zip) file into mods folder.