The Zwinger palace was built between 1711 and 1722 by Matthäus Daniel Pöppelmann, an architect. The style used to make it is what we call “Rococo”, an evolution of the baroque architecture. It involves domes, colonnades, light and shapes. Statues are also quite common especially in the Zwinger. Saxony’s kings were used to chill in that place. Today, this monument serves as a museum where you can find famous paintings and old weapons.
But sadly, in 1945, during the second World War, the Zwinger got severly damaged. Both Uk and US air forces striked the city of Dresden with over 3’900 tons of explosive. This attack was not very justified judging by the amount of explosives dropped by the bombers. It was more of a personnal revenge from the United Kingdom and the United States. Their objective was to detroy what was left of the germans’s way of thinking and make them give up.
The Zwinger even though was the first monument to be restored after the War.
The Zwinger Palace Map Installation:
- Download The Zwinger Palace Map
- On Windows, use keys Windows+R and then typing “%appdata%/.minecraft/saves/” into the command line. (On a Mac, your save files are in: ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/saves/). This will open the saves folder.
- Drag your downloader map (after unzip or unrar) in the zip/rar folderMap into saves folder.
- Close windows and reopen Minecraft.
- Select your map and play.