The Little Things Mod 1.8.9, 1.8 tries to add blocks, recipes and items that fit into Minecraft while still maintaining the feeling of “Minecraft”.
If you start asking yourself if Nether Brick always had Slabs or argue that of course Diorite has Walls and Pillars than everything turned out right.
Stairs, Slabs, Walls, Chiseled Blocks and Pillars for all the major Building Blocks and also some that really should be. You want to build an Ice Castle with Packed Ice, no Problem, you now have everything you need for that and more.
The Ore Blocks are no exception from that change.
Grass, Dirt, Coarse Dirt and Gravel did get something too – Stairs and Slabs. And Leaves can now be also crafted into Walls for Decoration!
And since 1.1.0 – more Fences and Fence Gates
A completely new Blocktype are Vertical Slabs!
They can bend around corners or form a “pillar” depending on how you place them – similiar to stairs.
These were also added to most blocks including Glass, Glowstone and Bookshelfs!
To craft all the existing Blocktypes like Stairs, Slabs and Walls, just use the normal recipes.
The VertSlabs are crafted exactly like Slabs – just vertical.
Placing VertSlabs follows the same rules as placing stairs. Besides the normal VertSlab (default slab, just vertical) you have an Outer (the little Pillar/Quarterblock looking thing) and an Inner VertSlab (where it bends around corners similar to Stairs but on the vertical axis).
FENCES AND FENCE GATES
And this is the pattern for all the new Fence Gates
– The Wooden Trapdoor was partially overwritten by the new Wooden Walls. I added a new recipe for Trapdoors that is a bit more similar to the Iron Trapdoor one. It uses any 4 Wooden Slabs in a 2 x 2 pattern.ITEM RECIPES
With “Music Disc + Sign” you can cycle through all the Music Discs
Flint, Charcoal, Blaze Powder -> Gunpowder
Leather, Iron Ingot -> Saddle
Saddle, Iron/Gold Ingot OR Diamond -> Iron/Gold/Diamond Horse Armor
Paper, Leather, String -> Name Tag
Chainmail Armor can now crafted from Iron Bars (follows the same patterns as all the other Armor)
These are recipes for things like turning Ice to Packed Ice or Dirt to Grass, Wool to String and so on.
All these recipes can also be turned on/off in the config.
SHAPED:4 x Ice -> 1 x Packed Ice
2 x Coarse Dirt + 2 x Sand(any) -> 4 x Podzol
4 x Flint -> 1 x Nether Quartz (Ore)
5 x Gravel + 4 x Sand(any) -> 9 x Clay Block (the amount of Clay Blocks resulting can be adjusted in the config)
5 x String -> 1 x Cobweb
4 x Red/Brown Mushroom -> 1 x Red/Brown Mushroom Block
- Gravel -> Flint (amount adjustable in config)
- 1 x Packed Ice -> 4 x Ice
- 1 x Sand + Red Dye -> 1 x Red Sand
- 1 x Snow Block -> 4 x Snowballs
- 1 x Dirt + Seeds -> 1 x Grass Block
- 1 x Wool -> 4 x String
- 1 x Clay(Block) -> 4 x Clay (Ball)
This Mod adds the Players Head to his Drops should he die. The chance for that can be adjusted in the config or turned off completely.
With a (Player) Head a bunch of Mob Heads can be crafted now too.
Again, like before, all the recipes are turn on/off.
Player Head + 8 x Zombie Flesh -> Zombie Head
Player Head + 8 x Gunpowder -> Creeper Head
Player Head + FURNACE -> Skeleton Skull
Skeleton Skull + 4 x Blaze Powder + 3 x Coal Blocks + 1 x Potion of Harming -> Wither Skeleton Skull
Like before, the config file gives full control about on/off/amount
Because the Coco Beans felt so lonely, I put in a new Cookie.You can choose to leave the old cookie and get the new one through this new (shapeless) recipe:
Cookie + Coco Beans -> Choco Cookie
Or you can choose to replace the default cookie with the new Choco Cookie. That way the normal Cookie recipe will result in the Choco Cookie.
Also, brown and red mushrooms can now be roasted in a Furnace and turn into “Roasted Mushrooms”.Besides the two new Foodtypes mentioned above, this mod also adds a new seasoning that can be applied on all Meat, Fish, Baked Potatos and the Roasted Mushrooms. That “spicy” food will have reduced Hunger gain compared to the normal version but increased Saturation. So perfect for long days in the Mines.
– As a little convenience service this mod also adds the Command Block and Barrier in the Redstone Tab in the Creative Menu. This can be turned off in the config in case that’s necessary.
– The red and brown mushroom block are now in the Decorations Tab.
– Dirt Stairs turn into Grass Stairs over time and Grass Stairs can turn back into Dirt Stairs (same mechanic as with Dirt and Grass Blocks)
Can be turned on/off in the config
The Little Things Mod Installation
- First you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Then download this Minecraft mod file at link below.
- Go to %appdata%. It can also be found by searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does’nt exist in your PC, you’ll need create one.
- Then drag and drop the downloaded .jar (or .zip) file into mods folder.