On a stormy cold autumn night, you are driving back from an exciting evening at your friends house. You’re travelling down a road you don’t really remember, after having one too many beers you just assume you are tired and exhausted and carry on driving, you must recognise something sooner or later.
Lightning strikes above your head and forks down to the trees ahead of you. Your slow reflexes push down on the breaks, but not in time, you collide with the falling tree… and … you pass out.
Opening your eyes, you crawl out of the wreckage, head throbbing with pain. To the left of you is a tunnel, you can just about see a light at the end. You walk down the tunnel, but are abruptly stopped by a cave in. You’re trapped. No signal. No light. And in pain.
The only exit you can see from the crash site is a small cave like opening with a sign reading ‘Chartham Asylum‘
There has to be a phone there.
- Single Player Only
- Vanilla 1.8
- Must use resource pack, optifine recommended
- Adjust brightness to around 30% so room is dim but visible
- Adjust volume so music is audible but not too loud
- All sounds on except ‘music’
- Smooth lighting on
- Right click to pick up items
- Sometimes when picking up items you may have to look down and right click
- Mobs will usually be invincible, it is pointless to fight
- Make sure your RENDER distance is NORMAL
The Asylum Horror Map Installation:
- Download The Asylum Horror Map
- On Windows, use keys Windows+R and then typing “%appdata%/.minecraft/saves/” into the command line. (On a Mac, your save files are in: ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/saves/). This will open the saves folder.
- Drag your downloader map (after unzip or unrar) in the zip/rar folderMap into saves folder.
- Close windows and reopen Minecraft.
- Select your map and play.