Sync Mod Requires Minecraft Forge
- Loosely based off the Sync Webseries by CorridorDigital on YouTube.
- Despite being based off Sync, the mod idea came from Character Switching in GTA V.
- Sync Core: (Replace Ender Pearl with Beacon for Hard Mode)
- Shell Constructor:
- Shell Storage:
- This mod provides clones, or as we like to call it, “shells”. These shells are basically a new individual, with their own inventory, experience level, and even gamemode.
- However, what they lack, is a mind to control them. That’s where the player comes in. Each shell is biometrically tied to the player who’s sample is used to create it, and will allow the player to “sync” their mind to the other shell, essentially creating multiple player instances.
- Place a shell constructor down and right click it to provide a sample (warning, this hurts!). The shell constructor cannot work without power, so put a treadmill down next to it and lure a Pig or a Wolf to the center of the treadmill to generate Piggawatts. A lead will help out out with this (you will get it back). The shell constructor will begin building a shell.
- Once the shell is constructed, you need to place down a shell storage unit and supply redstone power to it. The indicator will switch to green and you can walk into the storage unit to activate it. You will see a radial menu pop up with the list of available shells and their positions. Select the shell in the constructor (labelled with the “Done” indicator) and watch as you are synced into the new shell.
- Shell syncing works cross dimensional too! Get to the nether and back through a shell! However, you cannot enter or leave shells in The End due to…. technical difficulties.
- By default, shells provide an “extra life” to the player. When the shell you are using dies, you will immediately resync to the nearest shell available. You can mark a preference shell by right clicking a storage unit with a bed, labelling it as a home storage unit. You can also name storage units with a name tag. This “extra life” feature works in Hardcore mode, so if you have an active backup shell you will not be forced to abandon a hardcore world, but instead resync to another shell.
- If your mod need Forge, you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Open minecraft.jar file at: C:\Users\(your computer name)\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin or searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu. Open minecraft.jar with Winrar or Winzip.
- Open the .zip/.rar/folder of your mod and drag and drop the contents into the minecraft.jar.
- Delete the META-INF folder in the minecraft.jar. Then close minecraft.jar.
- Open Minecraft and play!
- If your mod does not work or you see a black screen: You need Delete your minecraft.jar found here “C:\Users\(your computer name)\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin”. Then Open Minecraft, let it auto-update so your .jar can be restord. Attempt to re-install your mod.
Download Minecraft Sync Mod: