In the summer of 1942, As part of the operation known as Case Blue, Adolf Hitler ordered the German 6th army, under the command of Friedrich Paulas, and its associated Luftwaffe air units to secure a city on the Volga river, to tighten the Wehrmacht’s grip on Soviet oil supplies coming from Baku, as well as to defend the northern flank of the remaining units of Army group south in their assault on the Caucasus. This city, Stalingrad (modern-day Volgograd), was defended by the forces of Vasily Chuikov. Chuikov, in accordance with Stalin’s call for a no retreat order, was to hold Stalingrad at any cost, while reinforcements were moved westwards towards the front line. In a fierce battle amongst the ruins of the shelled out city, the Soviets managed to slow the advance of the German army, drawing out the battle for many months, until, in the dead of winter, a pincer movement by two Soviet fronts to the north and south of Stalingrad succeeded in surrounding the 6th army, prompting Paulas to surrender many weeks later.
This map is a large section of the city of Stalingrad, containing some of the epicenters of the fighting, including the Red Square of Stalingrad, the ferry docks, mamaev kurgan, and the stalingrad grain elevator. This map contains very detailed buildings, many of which actually existed, and models of Tanks and airplanes. All vehicles have their equivalents in actual war machines, and are accurate to the time and place.
Stalingrad Blood on the Volga Map Installation:
- Download Stalingrad Blood on the Volga Map
- On Windows, use keys Windows+R and then typing “%appdata%/.minecraft/saves/” into the command line. (On a Mac, your save files are in: ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/saves/). This will open the saves folder.
- Drag your downloader map (after unzip or unrar) in the zip/rar folderMap into saves folder.
- Close windows and reopen Minecraft.
- Select your map and play.