SkinPort Mod 1.7.10, 1.7.2 adds rendering support for the new skin format introduced in minecraft 1.8. Now you can use your new fancy skin in 1.7.10!
- 1. 1.8 skin format rendering support!
- 2. 1.8 skin customization support! find it in the options menu, translations is generated from 1.8 assets. (the change will not be visible to others if the server didn’t install the mod)
- 3. Offline skin support. (it will not work automatically though, you need to add your skin file in the generated folder (.minecraft/cachedImages/skins), and named after your username, ends with .png)
- 4. Api for other mod to interact with.
It is a little different from 1.8 though:
- 1. Alex/slim model will be applied only if the pixel (position of 55, 20) in the skin file is fully transparent, and it is in the new skin format(64×64).
- 2. Held items in 3rd person is different from 1.8, because 1.8 changed the rendering, and I didn’t do that.
- 3. The network protocol used for skin customization is different from 1.8, means it will only take effect in 1.7.10 forge server with this mod installed, and 1.8 people won’t see the change. but yourself should always be able to see the change.
- 4. It is 1.7.10, other people without the mod will see your skin normally, means they won’t see the extra layer.
SkinPort Mod Installation
- First you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Then download this Minecraft mod file at link below.
- Go to %appdata%. It can also be found by searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does’nt exist in your PC, you’ll need create one.
- Then drag and drop the downloaded .jar (or .zip) file into mods folder.