Rope Bridge Mod 1.8.9, 1.8, 1.7.10 is a mod that builds (you guessed it) rope bridges.
- Grappling Gun with three separate craftable parts
- Simple point-and-shoot system
- Building animations
- Custom bridge quarter-slabs
- Detection for blocks that are in the way
- Fully server-compatible
- Custom Achievements!
- New string recipe (hint: wool)
- Fancy models (now on 1.7.10 too!)
- Textures taken from loaded recourse pack
- Build with any material of wood (uses first type found in hotbar or inventory)
- Break whole bridge with gun while sneaking
To craft the grappling gun, three sub-parts must be crafted first:
Hook: 5 iron ingots
Barrel: 6 iron ingots, 3 strings
Stock: 1 flint and steel, 1 gunpowder, 2 iron ingots, 1 string, 2 wood
Now the gun itself can be crafted from the three parts:
To build a bridge, fire the grappling gun just like you would a regular bow. When aiming the grappling gun (right-click), the player’s view is zoomed in and directed in line with a cardinal direction.
Upon release the bridge is built if possible.
The bridge won’t build if:
- There is something in the way (get’s marked with smoke particles)
- The bridge is too steep
- The required materials are not present in the player’s inventory
If something goes wrong, a prompt will let you know what the problem is and how to fix it. If everything checks out, the bridge will be built from slabs and string found in the inventory. The material of the bridge is determined by the first kind of slab found in the inventory.
Rope Bridge Mod Installation
- First you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Then download this Minecraft mod file at link below.
- Go to %appdata%. It can also be found by searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does’nt exist in your PC, you’ll need create one.
- Then drag and drop the downloaded .jar (or .zip) file into mods folder.