Revamp: Enhanced Villager and Mob Performance Mod increased mob view/action distance; eliminates mob corner-crowding; improved villager home selection and spreading out into villages; cave villages; configurable door-to-villager ratio; miscellaneous other village-related tweaks
- – SMP/LAN compatible.
- – Highly configurable – be sure to check Revamp.cfg.
- – Mobs are visible when you’re far away, will still be active at farther distances, and will wander more often. (Is more CPU intensive.)
- – Mobs won’t stare at you when you are invisible.
- – Can apply name tags and leads to adult villagers, or tempt them with an emerald.
- – Villager path-finding range increased from 16 to 40. Zombie path-finding range REDUCED to 3/4 of the villager path-finding range (so down from 40 to 30 by default). This was primarily to fix the performance problems that occur near villages at night (with or without the mod!).
- – Villagers don’t derp around as much at night, the new long-distance pathfinding code gets applied to them so they can better escape the zombies. (NOTE! Can be memory-intensive!)
- – Villagers won’t open doors for zombies, and can “hear” them (no line-of-sight needed) — survive those zombie sieges!
– Villagers can climb ladders! Mostly. They climb with their arms crossed, so they’re pretty clumsy. You can help them, though! See tips section below.
- – Villagers make better use of the doors around them and spread out around the village. They will try to return to the same house night-after-night (assuming no zombies start chasing them..) With a pre-existing village, this may take a few in-game days or require you to manually move villagers to abandoned parts of town.
- – Villagers take advantage of bigger houses and spread around inside instead of clustering near the door.
- – Villagers are better at finding new doors and ignore those they can’t actually get to.
- – Villagers require light to stay in a house.
- – Villagers can establish homes underground. If you have a door that cannot see the sky for the 5 blocks on either side, and has a roof of 6 solid blocks, this counts as an underground house. At night, the testificates will move toward the side of the door with the most light (using the same 5 blocks in front and behind the door). Breeding and everything else works just like a regular village.
- – Villagers can have twins.
- – Villagers in non-raining biomes (eg, desert) will not move indoors when it rains during the day.
- – Doors-per-villager setting. No more tacky doors everywhere!
- – Villager-per-Iron Golem setting. Every villager can have a personal body guard! (Requires 21 doors for first golem to spawn.)
- If your mod need Forge, you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Open minecraft.jar file at: C:\Users\(your computer name)\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin or searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu. Open minecraft.jar with Winrar or Winzip.
- Open the .zip/.rar/folder of your mod and drag and drop the contents into the minecraft.jar.
- Delete the META-INF folder in the minecraft.jar. Then close minecraft.jar.
- Open Minecraft and play!
- If your mod does not work or you see a black screen: You need Delete your minecraft.jar found here “C:\Users\(your computer name)\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin”. Then Open Minecraft, let it auto-update so your .jar can be restord. Attempt to re-install your mod.