Restructured Mod 1.8.9, 1.8, 1.7.10 uses schematics produced by tools like WorldEdit in order to enhance village and world generation. The installation package includes the Restructured jar as well as some schematics and configuration to get you started. You can easily add schematics to the configuration to enhance your modpack content.
Restructured is designed so that it can be a server side mod. This will allow servers that use mainstream modpacks to enhance their world with additional world gen without requiring their players to install a one off mod. Restructured can also be included in modpacks so that modpack authors can provide additional content.
The mod uses the information in the ./config/restructured/schematics.cfg file to govern how it operates. The information in the config file directs the mod to include a schematic as a village structure, world gen feature, or both. Also, it instructs the mod how to populate blocks such as spawners and chests.
The ./config/restructured/chest.cfg file defines various chest configurations that will be used by Restructured when generating structures. The loot tables are fully customizable, and new ones can be added by modpack authors. (For those that want to know the internals these tables are inserted into Forge’s ChestGenHook loot tables.)
If you want to add your own structures I recommend using WorldEdit to create the schematics. I have personally used this tool on Bukkit/Cauldron servers and it works really well. Also, any mobs you place in your build will be captured and inserted by Restructured when the structure is generated. Any schematics you want to include would go into the ./config/restructured/schematics folder.
For the best experience make sure you are facing SOUTH when laying out your structure. From this orientation you will be facing the “front” of the structure. If the structure is for village generation include a gravel path so it melds with the gravel roadways of the village. Avoid using item frames – they are a bit funny. Signs work well, and the text is preserved. For best portability between modpacks stick to the Vanilla Minecraft blocks and entities.
You can use existing schematics from 3rd party sites. This was one of my main methods of testing out the mod prior to release. I do have the following comments on their use:
- Make sure you use schematics that target 1.7.10. If you pull in schematics for Minecraft 1.8.x you can wind up with strange things like BuildCraft quarries for doors.
- Ensure that your use of the schematic is appropriate for what you are trying to do. Schematic authors do retain rights to their work and may have restrictions on their use. Please obey those restrictions.
- Make sure the schematic includes blocks that you want included. Sometimes a schematic will have things like Ender Chests or expensive hidden blocks (like diamond and gold). Look inside the chests as well – TileEntity information is captured in the schematic, meaning chest content will be transcribed.
Restructured Mod Installation
- First you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Then download this Minecraft mod file at link below.
- Go to %appdata%. It can also be found by searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does’nt exist in your PC, you’ll need create one.
- Then drag and drop the downloaded .jar (or .zip) file into mods folder.