Realistic Torches Mod 1.11.2, 1.10.2, 1.9.4 is a lightweight mod designed for modpack makers looking to add difficulty to the early game. The primary feature of this mod causes torches to burn out after a configurable amount of time, encouraging players to move toward more permanent light sources early on.
- Torches are now unlit when crafting, and must be lit using a matchbox in a crafting grid or flint and steel after being placed. As a result, the matchbox must be acquired before players can do things like explore caves or prevent hostile spawning.
- Torches will burn out after a specified amount of time (60 minutes real time by default, can be changed in the config) and become unlit. This encourages players to seek more permanent light sources early on, such as glowstone or lava.
- Torches will be extinguished when rained on.
- Permanently lit torches can be crafted using a glowstone crystal instead of coal.
- Naturally light-emitting blocks (and some items) will emit light when held, making it easy to explore at night without having to constantly place torches.
- Torch recipes added by other mods will be removed to ensure that the matchbox or flint and steel must be acquired to craft lit torches.
- Translations for English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and, of course, Pirate.
Unlit Torch (Coal)
Unlit Torch (Charcoal)
Lit Torch (Shapeless, matchbox takes 1 damage per craft)
Glowstone Crystal (Coal)
Glowstone Crystal (Charcoal)
Torch (Vanilla, permanently lit)
Realistic Torches Mod Installation
- First you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Then download this Minecraft mod file at link below.
- Go to %appdata%. It can also be found by searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does’nt exist in your PC, you’ll need create one.
- Then drag and drop the downloaded .jar (or .zip) file into mods folder.