In these days of MineTweaker and other mods that allow mod-pack creators to customize mods to their heart’s content, there’s one glaring gap in the tool-set that these authors have. Try as they might, the ability to simply add new items and blocks without knowledge of Java is something that has simply been lacking. Fortunately, that’s exactly where Quadrum comes in. By itself, it provides a simple method to add blocks/items with custom properties. Combined with other tweak mods that exist, you have some endless possibilities.
Full usage of Quadrum Mod 1.7.10, 1.7.2 can get a little complex. In short though, upon first running your game, a block and an item directory can be found in your config folder inside the ‘Quadrum’ folder. Everything to do with Quadrum happens here.
Inside those block and item folders, you will store your JSON files that dictate what blocks/items should be created (info on that below) as well as any textures that are to be used, and localization files.
Quadrum Mod Installation:
- First you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Then download this Minecraft mod file at link below.
- Go to %appdata%. It can also be found by searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does’nt exist in your PC, you’ll need create one.
- Then drag and drop the downloaded .jar (or .zip) file into mods folder.