Pixel Reality – Luminance Resource Pack 1.10.2, 1.9.4, 1.7.10 Realistic lighting with vanilla textures or any other pack, a perfect alternative to shaders if your machine just can’t handle them!
PR LUMINANCE – FULL:
This version is included in the Pixel Reality resource pack and is intended to heavily influence the gameplay, making the game more difficult.
Realistic shading and colors but with weaker light sources and darker shadows, being pitch black at light level 0 regardless of your Brightness settings. Night vision is hampered by strong light and heat sources (including the sun) making your vision actually worse at day and in the Nether. The End is very dark and even light sources are very dim; Night Vision is a life saver here.
PR LUMINANCE – LIGHT:
Realistic shading but with basically vanilla colors and light levels. Use this if you don’t like reddish torch light and other big changes to visuals.
Pixel Reality – Luminance Resource Pack Installation
- Download Pixel Reality – Luminance Resource Pack
- If this is HD Resource Pack, you have used the MCPatcher HD (or this wont function well). Open MCPatcher and click Patch. Make sure that the HD Textures option is selected. This only needs to be done once.
- Open Minecraft and click Resource Packs on the main menu.
- Click Open Resource pack folder. This opens up the folder where the Resource packs are stored. If the folder does not open you will need to manually locate it:
- Windows: %AppData%\.minecraft\Resourcepacks
- Linux: ~/.minecraft/Resourcepacks
- Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/Resourcepacks
- Place the Resource pack in the folder leaving the file as a .zip.
- The Resource pack will now show up in Minecraft. Simply click the pack and it will be applied to Minecraft!