NotEnoughCodecs Mod 1.10.2, 1.9.4, 1.9 adds audio decoders for MP3, AAC (ADTS and MP4 containers) (HE-AAC is not fully working) and FLAC. Please note that this does not allow using other formats via sounds.json: Minecraft hardcodes everything to OGG.
NotEnoughCodecs Mod Installation
- First you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Then download this Minecraft mod file at link below.
- Go to %appdata%. It can also be found by searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does’nt exist in your PC, you’ll need create one.
- Then drag and drop the downloaded .jar (or .zip) file into mods folder.