Modular Tools Mod 1.9, 1.8.9 introduces a self-balancing mechanic, allowing you to customize your tools using a compromise between upgrades and downgrades. Each upgrade and downgrade has a number of points associated with it, and you must “balance the equation” for the tool to work. Shift+Right-Click the tool to access the GUI. There is a number in the center of the GUI that will tell you if the points are too high or too low.
- Modular Pickaxe.
- Modular Sword.
- Modular Ring (movement capabilites).
- Speed: Increases mining speed in the pickaxe, and movement speed in the ring.
- Size: Increases mining area in the pickaxe, and attack area in the sword. 3×3 or 5×5.
- Harvest: Increases mining harvest level.
- Light: If there are torches next to your pickaxe, it will place them on right-click. If not, it will place temporary lights that will disappear after about 10 seconds.
- Depth: Increases depth of mined blocks.
- Trash: Will void any drops that appear in the “Trash Filters” slots.
- Stone: When mining smooth stone, smooth stone will drop instead of cobblestone.
- Vein: Will mine entire veins of ore. Only works on blocks with an unlocalized name starting with “ore”.
- Drops: Increases drop rate from mining in the pickaxe, and from mobs in the sword (like Fortune/Looting).
- Attack: Increases the attack strength of the sword.
- Behead: Increases the chance for Vanilla mobs to drop their heads by 20% each.
- Flight: Adds time-limited flight and a cooldown. Timer resets every time you touch the ground.
- Permanent Flight: Adds permanent flight without a timer/cooldown.
- Step: Gives step-assist.
- Hotbar: Allows the ring to work anywhere on your hotbar instead of in your hand.
- Harvest: Reduces mining harvest level.
- Speed: Reduces mining speed in the pickaxe, and movement speed with the ring.
- Hunger: Makes mining, attacking with sword, or moving with the ring cost additional hunger.
- Expensive: No negative effects, just an expensive recipe.
- Very Expensive: No negative effects, just a very expensive recipe.
- Damage: Using the tool costs extra durability.
- Slowness: Induces the Slowness effect on use.
- Experience: Moving with the ring slowly drains experience.
Modular Tools Mod Installation
- First you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Then download this Minecraft mod file at link below.
- Go to %appdata%. It can also be found by searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does’nt exist in your PC, you’ll need create one.
- Then drag and drop the downloaded .jar (or .zip) file into mods folder.