Hello! I bring exciting news to Minecraft: Pocket Edition and Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta players. Version 0.13.0 is here!
This is a huge update which includes a little thing called REDSTONE. I don’t like using unnecessary capitals but REDSTONE is a big deal, so it deserves to be shouted about.
Redstone is a mysterious power in Minecraft that works a bit like electricity in the real world. Though this is the first iteration of redstone for Pocket and Windows 10 Editions, it still gives you the chance to create intricate devices including powered rollercoasters and automated doors. As we continue to update the game with more redstone components you’ll get to create even more complicated things. It’s an exciting time for engineers.
We’re also introducing bunnies (hooray for cute), desert temples (watch out for traps), and even more wooden doors (because you seem to really like doors).
Here’s the full changelog.
- Redstone Circuits: Redstone Wire, Torch, Lamp, Levers, Buttons, Pressure plates, Tripwires, Trapped Chests and Detector Rails. Craft them all!
- Cute, fluffy, crop-eating, bunnies
- Desert temples
- New types of wooden doors
- Stonecutter (RIP)
- Herobrine (RIP)
- Redstone can be used to control doors, trapdoors, TNT and rails
- Faster boats with improved handling
- Increased item tooltip visibility time in Windows 10 Edition Beta
- Stack count labels now use a bigger and more readable font
- Slimes and Ghasts now actually spawn!
- Hunger restored by food items now match the PC version
- Flowers created by using Bone Meal on Grass now depend on the biome
- Skeletons now run away from Wolves
- Obsidian now breaks in 6.5 seconds rather than 3
- Minecarts now stack on top of each other
- Boats now stack
- Beetroot soup now stacks
- Fixed Curved Rail and Redstone behaviour
- Improved Slime spawning
- Block lag should be significantly reduced. Everything should feel more responsive now
- Updated door textures all over the place
- Even more Ghast and Slime spawning
- Mobs no longer suffocate in carpets (because that was kinda cruel)
- Held items now look better in first-person mode
- Loads of other bug fixes that are too boring to go into here
Whether you’re off to explore the mysteries of the desert or taking your first steps into the wonders of redstone engineering, I hope you have a jolly old time.