Minecraft 1.9 Pre-Release 2 is now available. It is time to stop waiting and start playing.
Bugs fixed in 1.9-pre2:
- [Bug MC-35127] – Wrong NBT TAG Type for fallTime in FallingSand Entities
- [Bug MC-35714] – Sounds loop/restart when exiting screens
- [Bug MC-89928] – Portals not placing the player at correct coordinates
- [Bug MC-90101] – Mob Spawner is overwriting (ignoring?) Pos[x,y,z] data of entity
- [Bug MC-91290] – Skeletons with no AI spawning naturally
- [Bug MC-95538] – /playsound command doesn’t work with selectors not resolving to exactly one entity
- Bugs fixed
- Increased durability of shields
- Some crystals in the end are protected by cages again
- Added 34.7% more hype for Minecraft 1.9
- [Bug MC-96863] – Marker ArmorStand Should Not Have Passenger Offset
- [Bug MC-97217] – Weird placement of player while riding an entity after swimming with elytra
- [Bug MC-97235] – Resource pack in minecraft world save file not working
- [Bug MC-97251] – Rail Duplication Glitch
To get snapshots (or, in this case, the pre-release), open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.