McKnack Resource Pack 1.8, 1.7.10 is a half-cartoon, half modern, and half faithful pack that takes the dingy colors of the default and chunks them through a second story window like a hot grenade.
Colors upon colors! Everything in The McKnack Pack was made to make the most of the colors. From the bright green/blue grass, to the blue-tinted stone. Nearly every texture was made with offset hues to shade bright, but plausible colors, resulting in deeper, more dynamic colors. This, when combined with the colored lighting of various in-game light sources, yeilds interesting and unique color transitions that create nearly endless color variations depending on the conditions.
Nearly every texture is devoid of unnecessary visual clutter, while still being detailed and true to the Minecraft feel. Shiny obsidian makes it look almost like marble, Warm/cold contrasted wood paneling makes your wood floors spottless, and the mowed grass makes every mountain look pristinely maintained by mysterious invisible landscapers.
If you built your own White House using Iron, fear not, the iron here is just as white as the default. You won’t have to worry about any of your works being tainted by mis-colored textures when switching from the default. While some textures have been changed to be more accurate to real life, all of the decoratively used blocks are similarly colored to the default.
And now the experience is more complete than ever! Items are finished and ready to be used to build and destroy! Use the best looking (but nearly useless) gold items. Enjoy a delicious steak. Get your hand eaten by a headcrab. Slap your enemies with fish! All in the same vibrant style you know and love.
In addition, the sun and moon have been changed, and the ores have been reworked and improved! Enjoy the most complete McKnack Pack experience yet!
McKnack Resource Pack Installation
- Download McKnack Resource Pack
- If this is HD Resource Pack, you have used the MCPatcher HD (or this wont function well). Open MCPatcher and click Patch. Make sure that the HD Textures option is selected. This only needs to be done once.
- Open Minecraft and click Resource Packs on the main menu.
- Click Open Resource pack folder. This opens up the folder where the Resource packs are stored. If the folder does not open you will need to manually locate it:
- Windows: %AppData%.minecraftResourcepacks
- Linux: ~/.minecraft/Resourcepacks
- Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/Resourcepacks
- Place the Resource pack in the folder leaving the file as a .zip.
- The Resource pack will now show up in Minecraft. Simply click the pack and it will be applied to Minecraft!