As Steve sunk into the depths of the ocean, he could see the distant shapes of creatures gliding through the water. His suited feet hit a solid surface, and for a moment he believed he’d reached the sea floor, but as he looked down he realized that he wasn’t standing on rock or sand, but rather the shell of a turtle, more massive than any he’d ever seen before.
He turned slowly, gazing at his surroundings, and saw that he was in a valley that had formed between cliffs of coral, and that the turtle wasn’t the only animal that had become supersized.
A statue of what seemed to be Poseidon loomed over him, towering up from the sand below, as his first clue that the area had once been populated by residents other than the fish.
Further exploration revealed scattered ruins, two palaces, sunken ships, and more sea life than he’d ever witnessed before. Steve wasn’t sure if the city had been build on the surface and had then sunken below, or if it had been made on the sea floor by a population of mer-people.
Either way, the original creators had vanished, leaving the creatures of the valley unthreatened by hunting, and allowing them to grow to massive proportions. The absent residents of the sunken city appeared to have appreciated the life of the ocean, or perhaps even worshipped them, for the walls and floors were adorned in murals of their image.
- -Two palaces (a large one and a small one)
- -Ruins scattered throughout the map
- -Poseidon statue
- -Two sunken shipwrecks
- -Fully functional interiors
- -Organic creatures, too many to list individually (including turtles, seahorses, lobsters, manta rays, clownfish, sharks, and many more)
- -Hidden easter eggs for those who like to explore
Marititan – The Sunken City of Giants Map Installation:
- Download Marititan – The Sunken City of Giants Map
- On Windows, use keys Windows+R and then typing “%appdata%/.minecraft/saves/” into the command line. (On a Mac, your save files are in: ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/saves/). This will open the saves folder.
- Drag your downloader map (after unzip or unrar) in the zip/rar folderMap into saves folder.
- Close windows and reopen Minecraft.
- Select your map and play.