LootBags mod 1.10.2, 1.9.4, 1.7.10 adds items that contains random loot from any of the vanilla dungeon loot lists (dungeons, strongholds, mineshafts, temples, and blacksmiths). This bag can be found dropped by monsters, passive mobs, and players or in vanilla worldgen chests. There are different qualities of standard bags, going from Common to Legendary, with the higher tier bags limiting the dropped items to rarer items. Keep in mind that the bags differentiate based off of rarity, not quality. There are also a selection of secret bags, which are only obtained through specific sources and have fixed drop tables independent of the standard bags.
There is a recycler block that will consume items that can be dropped by the loot bags and once enough items are consumed a new common loot bag will be created. Each item has a value associated with it dependent on it’s rarity and max stack size and once the sum exceeds a config-set maximum a new loot bag will be created. Items can be inserted and bags extracted through the typical methods to do so with other machines. If so desired, the block recipe can be disabled in the config.
The mod has a detailed config file that allows for a wide degree of customization. The drop chance for monsters, passive mobs, and players can all be configured independently from 0 to 100%. The chest loot tables can be changed through the config, the default is all vanilla chest loot tables, allowing for mod loot tables to be added or vanilla loot tables to be removed. Further control of the loot can be controlled by blacklists and whitelists. There is are lists that govern loot table changes for every standard bag as well as ones for each primary bag type.
LootBags Mod Installation:
- If your mod need Forge, you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Open minecraft.jar file at: C:\Users\(your computer name)\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin or searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu. Open minecraft.jar with Winrar or Winzip.
- Open the .zip/.rar/folder of your mod and drag and drop the contents into the minecraft.jar.
- Delete the META-INF folder in the minecraft.jar. Then close minecraft.jar.
- Open Minecraft and play!
- If your mod does not work or you see a black screen: You need Delete your minecraft.jar found here “C:\Users\(your computer name)\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin”. Then Open Minecraft, let it auto-update so your .jar can be restord. Attempt to re-install your mod.