Light Level Overlay Reloaded Mod 1.10.2, 1.9.4, 1.9 visualizes the light levels emitted by torches, glowstone and alike directly on top of blocks, this is helpful to quickly identify areas where mobs can spawn. It shows the light level of the airblock above the block the number is drawn onto, this is the block that is considered for mob spawning, light level 7 or below allows mobs to spawn.
Light Level Overlay Reloaded Mod Installation:
- If your mod need Forge, you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Open minecraft.jar file at: C:Users(your computer name)AppDataRoaming.minecraftbin or searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu. Open minecraft.jar with Winrar or Winzip.
- Open the .zip/.rar/folder of your mod and drag and drop the contents into the minecraft.jar.
- Delete the META-INF folder in the minecraft.jar. Then close minecraft.jar.
- Open Minecraft and play!
- If your mod does not work or you see a black screen: You need Delete your minecraft.jar found here “C:Users(your computer name)AppDataRoaming.minecraftbin”. Then Open Minecraft, let it auto-update so your .jar can be restord. Attempt to re-install your mod.
Light Level Overlay Reloaded Mod Installation Vanilla
Vanilla means an unmodified minecraft version. This does not work with optifine for instance, because it also modifies a class file. The new vanilla launcher (since 1.6) allows you to easily switch between different versions. If you use the vanilla launcher, I would recommend creating a new version (with the mod installed) that you can then assign to an extra profile, that would allow you to switch between vanilla/modded:
- First locate your versions directory in ~/.minecraft/versions or %appdata%/.minecraft/versions.
There should be a 1.6.1 directory with the latest version.
- Copy the 1.6.1 directory to 1.6.1-lloverlay or something, this will be the new name of the version.
- Now you need to rename all files in the 1.6.1-lloverlay directory to match the version name. Rename all 1.6.1-lloverlay/1.6.1* to 1.6.1-lloverlay/1.6.1-lloverlay*.
- You also need to change the version name in the 1.6.1-lloverlay/1.6.1-lloverlay.json file. Open the json file with an editor (vi/emacs/notepad) and change the line
- Now to actually install the mod you need to replace the contents of the jar file with the mod contents.
Unpack the (renamed) 1.6.1-lloverlay.jar file someplace.
- Remove the META-INF folder from the extracted files.
- Unpack the lloverlay_*.zip file within, override anything.
- Pack the folder again in a zip file named 1.6.1-lloverlay.jar
- and replace it with the /versions/1.6.1-lloverlay/1.6.1-lloverlay.jar file.
- Now you can start the launcher and configure your profiles, thats quite easy to do, the 1.6.1-lloverlay version should appear under the “Use version” dropdown in the profile editor. You can also create a new profile and assign it the -lloverlay version.