Hardhome was the only major settlement of the Widlings beyond the wall, until an unknown cathaclysm (which many believe had something to do with the doom of Valyria) destroyed it. It is said the flames were visible all the way from the Wall, which was 500 miles away from the settlement.
Thousands of years later, when Stannis Baratheon defeated Mance Rayder’s army, most of the Wildlings fled to Hardhome and took residence there. When Lord Commander Jon Snow goes on a mission to take the Wildlings back south to Castle Black in order to save them from the real threat, the Others, he goes here and discusses the threat with the Wildlings. After some discussion the Wildlings agree to go with him (on Stannis’ fleet), but when they’re transporting the people to the ships the White Walkers attack Hardhome in what later becomes known as the Hardhome Massacre.
Thousands of Wildlings and a dozen of Night’s Watch men die during the fight, but Lord Commander Jon Snow manages to escape along with Tormund Giantsbane, Edd and a few thousand others. Shortly before they reach the ships, the Night’s King, leader of the Others, raises the dead of the battle as new Wights for his army, making Jon realise he has come too late, and that the threat of the Others is becoming more real than ever.
Hardhome Game of Thrones Map Installation:
- Download Hardhome Game of Thrones Map
- On Windows, use keys Windows+R and then typing “%appdata%/.minecraft/saves/” into the command line. (On a Mac, your save files are in: ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/saves/). This will open the saves folder.
- Drag your downloader map (after unzip or unrar) in the zip/rar folderMap into saves folder.
- Close windows and reopen Minecraft.
- Select your map and play.