You have probably noticed it yourself but its never actually pitch black in minecraft. Even if you are in a cave with no torches you will still be able to see something independent of your gamma setting. Hardcore Darkness Mod 1.10.2, 1.9.4, 1.9 changes this, it removes the minimum block & sky light so if there is no light source its actually dark.
How to use Hardcore Darkness Mod:
After you install this mod it will be in mode 0, there are 3 different modes and they can be changed in the config file:
- 0. There is no minimum block & sky light
- 1. There is no minimum block light
- 2. There is no minimum block light & the sky light is dependent on the moon phase
There are also some other options in the config file:
- “Dark Nether” : “Whether the minimum light of the nether should also be removed”.
- “Dark End” : “Whether the minimum light of the end should also be removed”.
- “Dark Twilight Forest” [1.7.10] : “Whether the time in the Twilight Forest should be fixed to midnight instead of dusk”.
- “AlternativeNightSkylight” : “In Mode 1 & 2 the skylight has a slightly blue tint, this option replaces that with a slightly green/yellow tint”.
- “Dimension Blacklist” : “A list of dimension ids separated by “,” in which Hardcore Darkness will not take effect”.
If you install this mod on a server all clients will have to have Hardcore Darkness installed. Clients will also be forced to use the config file you specify on your server.
Hardcore Darkness Mod Installation:
- If your mod need Forge, you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Open minecraft.jar file at: C:Users(your computer name)AppDataRoaming.minecraftbin or searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu. Open minecraft.jar with Winrar or Winzip.
- Open the .zip/.rar/folder of your mod and drag and drop the contents into the minecraft.jar.
- Delete the META-INF folder in the minecraft.jar. Then close minecraft.jar.
- Open Minecraft and play!
- If your mod does not work or you see a black screen: You need Delete your minecraft.jar found here “C:Users(your computer name)AppDataRoaming.minecraftbin”. Then Open Minecraft, let it auto-update so your .jar can be restord. Attempt to re-install your mod.