Fullscreen Windowed Mod 1.11.2, 1.10.2, 1.9.4 make your client run in fullscreen windowed mode. This mod allows you to alt-tab without leaving fullscreen mode or minimizing the game, handy if you have multiple monitors.
Fullscreen Windowed Mod is a client-side only mod and it is enabled as soon as you put it in your mods folder. Due to the way it works, the minecraft window will disappear and reappear before showing the mojang screen, but this is normal behavior and loading will resume shortly afterwards.
Fullscreen Windowed Mod was tested on several FTB packs with no issues and should work with all mods.
Advantages of borderless windowed versus default fullscreen
- You can just hit Escape and use your other monitors without minimizing the game
- You can alt+tab out of the game more smoothly
- You can have other windows on top of the Minecraft client when it’s not active
Fullscreen Windowed Mod Installation:
- If your mod need Forge, you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Open minecraft.jar file at: C:\Users\(your computer name)\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin or searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu. Open minecraft.jar with Winrar or Winzip.
- Open the .zip/.rar/folder of your mod and drag and drop the contents into the minecraft.jar.
- Delete the META-INF folder in the minecraft.jar. Then close minecraft.jar.
- Open Minecraft and play!
- If your mod does not work or you see a black screen: You need Delete your minecraft.jar found here “C:\Users\(your computer name)\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin”. Then Open Minecraft, let it auto-update so your .jar can be restord. Attempt to re-install your mod.