ForgeAutoShutdown Mod 1.8, 1.7.10 is a server mod that automatically restart our FTB server every day. Given the nature of FTB, we needed this but I could not find a solution that involved complicated wrappers, rcon commands or control panels. I would like to share it to help other admins who may need it.
I called it “ForgeAutoShutdown” as technically speaking, the mod’s only purpose is to shut down the server at a given time. It is up to a shell script, Windows batch file or service control to bring the server back up, but it is not necessary.
- Scheduled hour and minute of shutdown within 24 hours of server uptime (e.g. 07:00 or 13:00)
- Warns all players of scheduled shutdown every minute, five minutes prior
- Configurable warning and kick messages
- Player voting for a manual shutdown without admin intervention
- Watchdog for automatic shutdown if server is hung (“stalled”) or TPS is too low for too long
- Made for Forge 1.7.10 and 1.8
ForgeAutoShutdown Mod Installation
- First you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Then download this Minecraft mod file at link below.
- Go to %appdata%. It can also be found by searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does’nt exist in your PC, you’ll need create one.
- Then drag and drop the downloaded .jar (or .zip) file into mods folder.