Wooden tools are hardly ever used in real life. During the Stone Age, caveman preferred hard rocks like Flint. It makes more sense!
Flint Instead of Wood Mod 1.10.2, 1.9.4, 1.7.10 removes recipes for wooden tools and replaces them with recipes for flint tools. These flint tools are identical to wooden ones in durability, attack damage, and mining level. It makes gravel a little more useful at the beginning of the game and adds to the realism of Minecraft tools.
The flint shovel has a bonus chance of harvesting flint from gravel!
Flint Axe (possibly the most important tool)
Flint tool head
Flint pickaxe (the second-most important tool)
- Toggle which Flint Tools can be crafted.
- Toggle whether wooden tools can be crafted (disables all at once).
- Toggle whether you can break a log with your bare hand.
- Toggle whether you are hurt by breaking a log with your bare hand (does not trigger if log does not break).
- Adjust the percent chance of sticks dropping from leaves.
Flint Instead of Wood Mod Installation
- First you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Then download this Minecraft mod file at link below.
- Go to %appdata%. It can also be found by searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does’nt exist in your PC, you’ll need create one.
- Then drag and drop the downloaded .jar (or .zip) file into mods folder.