FlatSigns Mod 1.7.10, 1.7.2 providing new sign functionality that allows signs to be placed flat on the ceiling or the floor (via sneak click). You can also make sponges to edit existing signs.
How FlatSigns Mod Works
- There are no “new” sign blocks – you simply “place” a normal sign on the ceiling or sneak-place it on the floor. Everything should work as you’d expect!
- How do you edit a sign? You right-click a sponge or sponge wipe on it.
- To make a sponge (which is usually only available in creative mode), simply throw yellow wool into water or onto the ground when it’s raining. It’ll soak up the water. SHLOOP! You have a sponge!
- Alternatively, there are shapeless recipes (which can allow for automation) which can be turned off via the config file: a piece of yellow wool with either a water bucket or three(3) glass bottles of water.
- The problem with sponge is that it’s not very durable. The solution? You make it into sponge wipes! Simply craft a sponge with a piece of cactus green (to give it a rougher side) et voilà: you have something akin to a steel-wool pad!
- You can also place sponge beside a sign (without editing it) by sneaking while placing the sponge. It won’t be “used” but will, instead, appear as a block.
FlatSigns Mod Installation:
- First you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Then download this Minecraft mod file at link below.
- Go to %appdata%. It can also be found by searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does’nt exist in your PC, you’ll need create one.
- Then drag and drop the downloaded .jar (or .zip) file into mods folder.