FlatBedrock Xplosion’s Edition Mod 1.10, 1.9.4, 1.9 on it’s own provides a simple way of generating FlatBedrock in the overworld, nether and other dimension that can be specified.
It’s recommended that you install UniversalCore for extra utilities and functionality (explained below)
The mod on its own:
the mod on it’s own simply generates the bedrock in the overworld and nether (floor and roof) flat. Other dimensions can be added to that list by the player itself by creating a custom JSON file (see below at “add modded dimensions”). This should work for most of the modded dimensions that use the normal system of world generation. note: Mystcraft dimensions don’t work for this but when it updates to 1.7.10 I’ll add compatibility for them by adding a new Mystcraft page.
When using UniversalCore:
When you use UniversalCore together with FlatBedrock, FlatBedrock will get it’s full blown VersionChecker which is also compatible with the VersionChecker mod. UniversalCore will also allow you to retroactively generate your Minecraft worlds (read more about this at “generating flat bedrock in an existing world”). I actually recommend using FlatBedrock with UniversalCore because this is such a small and more utility mod I figured it would be nice to not be dependent on other mods. you can get UniversalCore here.
Generating FlatBedrock in an existing world:
If this mod is installed alongside UniversalCore, this will add a way to regenerate the bedrock in your existing world to a nice flat layer. before doing make sure that you Then you simply have to go to the dimensions folder, located at config/flatbedrock/dimensions/ and choose the the file that corresponds with the dimensions you want to regenerate and open it in a text editor of your choice (although I recommend using TextWrangler for mac and notepad++ for windows). after this you simple have to change either “retroGenBottom” or “retroGenTop” to true. When this is done you save the file and just reopen your beloved minecraft world but now it should have a flat bedrock layer.
FlatBedrock Xplosion’s Edition Mod Installation:
- If your mod need Forge, you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Open minecraft.jar file at: C:Users(your computer name)AppDataRoaming.minecraftbin or searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu. Open minecraft.jar with Winrar or Winzip.
- Open the .zip/.rar/folder of your mod and drag and drop the contents into the minecraft.jar.
- Delete the META-INF folder in the minecraft.jar. Then close minecraft.jar.
- Open Minecraft and play!
- If your mod does not work or you see a black screen: You need Delete your minecraft.jar found here “C:Users(your computer name)AppDataRoaming.minecraftbin”. Then Open Minecraft, let it auto-update so your .jar can be restord. Attempt to re-install your mod.