MaterialDetector Mod 1.9, 1.8.9, 1.7.10 is a a material detector. This mod features are:
- Show the surrounding material at your level/height map.
- Indicate (far or not far) a given material with a direction to dig for.
The detector shows also the other materials that are in the list (see FAQ for more information) and not only the selected material.
Only the blocks that are 2 blocks deep or 2 blocks above are shown.
This way, while searching for iron, you can easily found coal.
The water and lava is also displayed using this mechanism in order to avoid to dig into lava directly
Warning: As it can be used to dig very easily some rare materials, it can be consider as a CHEAT.
Detector in horizontal mode: (current material selected is diamond)
In the detector screen, you can see some arrows, it will indicate the way to dig (up or down).
Two arrows mean that the material is more than 10 blocks away.
Detector in vertical mode: (used to display caves before digging straight down)
Install Ellian’s MaterialDetector Mod for Minecraft:
You might also try MagicLauncher
Magic (usually – no reason for updates.) works regardless of MC version number.
- You must have a clean, vanilla, opened, version of 1.7.10.
- Then run Magic
- [Setup] button
- [New] button
- [Configuration] window “1.7.10”
- [Copy from] window “1.7.10”
- [Configuration:] window “1.7.10”
- [Environment:] window “1.7.10”
- [Minecraft.jar:] windows “1.7.10” and “1.7.10.jar”
I created a new directory for all my Minecraft stuff.
- C:Minecraft and two sub-directories under it
- C:MinecraftGames (a complete, clean, unmodified, version of every MC release since 1.6.6 Beta)
- C:MinecraftModsMCInstalledVersion# (“1.7.10 in place of Version#” in this case).
that’s where I put Ellian‘s 1.7.10 *.jar.
Back to Magic:
- The [Mods] tab;
- I click the [Add] button and tell it where to find Ellian‘s Mod.
- The [Status] column says no Forge, we don’t care!
- Click the [OK] button or it won’t remember where to find your changes.
- I click the [Login] button and play the game.
Magic temporarily overwrites the MC 1.7.10.jar. If you open the same *.jar with the vanilla launcher, Ellian‘s (or any other Mods added) aren’t there.
Later, once Forge gets updated you may need to modify the [Advanced] tab: