Earth 1:1000 Map is an exciting Minecraft map that is an exact heightmap copy of Earth scaled at 1:1000. That is more then 200.000.000.000 Blocks Big. The download file is 4GB zipped and once unzipped it is 12GB
- All the major landmasses of Earth
- 40000×20000 in size, 1 Block = 1 Kilometer
- Over 150 Rivers placed that all flow downstream from their sources
- Over 300 Cities marked on the map with a coal block and torch ontop
- Sea level is default Minecraft at 63
- A heightmap copy so only mountains where they need to be
- Biomes are done as they should be, so Amazon is a jungle and most of Northern Africa is a Desert ect
Creation of earth:
- This map was created using the official NASA heightmaps.
- Therefore the land is as at should be.
- However keep in mind that at 1:1000 mountains would not be mountains but just hills so mountain height is upscaled by about 700%.
- This means that Mount Everest stand 70 blocks tall above sea level instead of just 10.
- The footprint of mountains stays the same so they look more like mountains.
- You can look at the Mt. Everest Picture to see what I mean.
- The programs used to create this map include worldpainter to render the heightmap, photoshop to paste the heightmaps
- together because the RAW files from NASA are 8 pieces of the map due to size limits.
- Also MCEdit was used aswell as BiomePainter and a few smaller programs.
- All together it took me from December 2012 to December 2015 to finish the map.
- The rendering of the entire heightmap alone took more then 3 months.
Earth 1:1000 Map Installation:
- Download Earth 1:1000 Map
- On Windows, use keys Windows+R and then typing “%appdata%/.minecraft/saves/” into the command line. (On a Mac, your save files are in: ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/saves/). This will open the saves folder.
- Drag your downloader map (after unzip or unrar) in the zip/rar folderMap into saves folder.
- Close windows and reopen Minecraft.
- Select your map and play.