Dynamic Lights Mod 1.11.2, 1.10.2, 1.9.4 makes ‘shining’ items (default: Torch, Glowstone, Glowdust, Lit Pumpkin, Redstone, Lava Bucket, powered Minecart) illuminate everything around them if
- The player has them equipped (in hand/armor)
- They are dropped on the ground
- Another player has them equipped in Multiplayer
On top of that, burning Entities (Creatures, Items) shine light. You may add any Item ID you wish as shiny item, via the settings file. Also supports armor items! You may also configure whether an item still shines if in water, and how long it shines once you hold or drop it.
Instructions MCpatcher Version:
- 1) Locate your .minecraft folder. On Windows, it’s at %APPDATA%/.minecraft
- 2) Unzip the downloaded archive into that folder
- 3) Run the latest HD, select Dynamic Lights from the List, click ‘patch’
- 3b) For Optifine install Optifine first, then select Dynamic Lights Optifine from the list and patch.
Instructions Non- Versions:
- 1) Locate your minecraft.jar file. On Windows, it’s in %APPDATA%/.minecraft/bin.
- 2) Create a backup of minecraft.jar
- 3) Open minecraft.jar in an archive editor (WinRar/7-Zip/etc).
- 4) Delete the META-INF folder.
- 5) Copy everything your find in the zip’s “compiled…” folder into your JAR, replacing files and folders.
- 6) Copy the settings file into your /.minecraft folder, edit it if you please.
- 7) Run Minecraft and test!