This guide is primarily aimed at Windows 7 users, however it is the same process for most operating systems like Windows 8 and Mac OSX, only the path to the folder will be different.
- 1.) First, you need to download a map at 8minecraft.org.
- 2.) Then, you need to extract the folder found within the zip/rar file that you have downloaded, you can use WinRAR or WinZip to do this. If you have a Mac, you need The Unarchiver for .rar files. It has to be extracted into your minecraft “saves” folder.
If you don’t know how to find the Saves folder, first load up minecraft and click the “Options” button on the right above login.
On the options tab there will be blue text next to “Game location on disk” It is your minecraft folder. Click on it and locate the “saves” folder.
Last all you need to extract the map folder to “saves” and the map will show up on “Select World” when you login to single-player.
Alternatively, if you don’t want to load up the minecraft client, you can use below method to find your saves folder:
- 1.) Click on the Start menu in Windows.
- 2.) Type “Run” into the search box, and select the Run program at the results.
- 3.) Type “%appdata%” into the Run program, and press OK.
- 4.) Open the .minecraft folder at the top. Your saves folder will be in here.
- 5. ) Extract the map folder to “saves” folder.
- 6.) Enjoy playing your Minecraft map!