Doggy Talents Mod 1.8.9, 1.8, 1.7.10 edits no base classes, meaning this mod doesn’t actually do anything to the vanilla wolves. Instead, the features and changes in an entirely new Minecraft mob, the DTDoggy. You can easily turn a vanilla wolf into a dog by right-clicking on it with a training treat.
Besides that, you can also summon one by using a doggy charm. With this mod installed, you’ll be given one of these (along with a command emblem) whenever you start a new world, but you can craft more of them later (though it’s very expensive).
After you have got a dog, you can right click on the wolf with a stick to open this interface, here you can change the name, texture and skills of your wolf.
- 19 unique talents you can give your dog.
- Dog leveling system.
- Play fetch with your dog.
- Care for your dog with beds, food bowls etc.
- Track your dogs with radio collars on a radar.
- Upgraded AI from the wolf.
- New hunger system, don’t worry about your dog dying unnecessary.
- Much more, check out the mod yourself!
Install Doggy Talents Mod:
For Minecraft 1.6 and above…
- Make sure you have the new Minecraft launcher and have run 1.6 at least once.
- Then download a version of forge from this link.
- Once you have the jar file of minecraft forge’s website open it up.
- Select the ‘Install client option and click ok’
- Minecraft forge is now installed!
- Now open up the launcher and in the profile selector select ‘Forge’, login and run Forge 1.6.1. (May take a while)
- Close Minecraft once it is open and find you Minecraft installation directory (PC : %appadata%/.minecraft, MAC : I AM UNCERTAIN)
- In the .minecraft folder will now be a mods folder, in that mods folder create a folder named ‘1.6.1’ or whatever version of minecraft you are running.
- Download Map Making Tools mod from the link above and drag n’ drop it in the ‘1.6.1’ folder.
- Run minecraft throught the new laucnher and enjoy!
For Minecraft 1.5.2 and below…
- Download the Version for your version of Minecraft and Forge.
- Open that forge download with an archiver.
- Open the minecraft.jar file with your archiver (7zip, Winrar).
- Copy the files from inside the forge download into the minecraft.jar file.
- On Windows and Linux, delete the META_INF folder.
On Mac, go into the META_INF folder and delete only the files which begin with ‘MOJANG’. Leave the rest untouched.
- Close both archives and run your client once. Exit the game without loading or creating a world.
- If you have done everything right, you will now have a ‘mods’ folder in your .minecraft folder.
- Now put the DoggyTalents.zip in the mods folder and run!