Customgen Mod 1.8, 1.7.10, 1.7.2 adds (nearly procedurally generated) dungeons, structures and other features to terrain generation. Generation features are stored as resource packs and may easily be replaced, created and shared with others. Customgen is based on the following things:
Short for generation feature, this is the base for a feature. A gen has a set of data, describing where and how it may generate. Currently it has a name, a resourcepack name, a level, a set of allowed biome types and a set of segments. A gens level will decide on what y level it will generate, the following values are available:
- underground: starts generating underground at y=4, y=20 or y=36
- surface: starts generating 3 blocks below the surface
- sea floor: works similar to surface but generates at the bottom of a sea, lake or river instead of at the surface of the water
For a gen to generate in a biome, one of the biomes types has to match one of the biome types in the set of allowed biome types. An empty set means that all biome types are allowed. Last but not least we have the segments, this is where the actual content is stored.
Segments consists of a 16x16x16 cube of blocks with metadata and tile entities, this is what gets placed in the world when a gen generates. Segments have an interface number on each side, this describes what other segments that it may be fit to generate next to. A segment can be marked as a starting segment, when a gen generates into the world it will start with one its starting segments. Once the starting segment has been generated segments that have interfaces matching the interfaces of the starting segment will also generate and then segments with interfaces matching the interfaces of those segments, and so on until there are no interfaces left to fit new segments onto (there’s currently a limit on 100 segments to avoid generating infinite loops).
Blocks & Items
Customgen adds a couple of blocks and items that are used in creating gens.
Book of Custom Generation
Used to create gens and segments or to generate gens, segments and templates.
When the blocks in a segment are generated empty blocks will not be placed but instead leave the block previously generated by the vanilla (or another mods) terrain generation. Using these instead of stone lets a gen fit better into the existing terrain.
Placing these on the side of a segment will add to its interface number on that side. Right click to increase its value. Multiple interface blocks may be placed on the same side.
A Loot placeholder inside an inventoriy will be replaced with dungeon loot when it is generated, this should add more randomness and “replayability” to a gen.
Customgen Mod Installation:
- First you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Then download this Minecraft mod file at link below.
- Go to %appdata%. It can also be found by searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does’nt exist in your PC, you’ll need create one.
- Then drag and drop the downloaded .jar (or .zip) file into mods folder.