Custom Backgrounds Mod 1.11.2, 1.10.2, 1.9.4 allows you to change the boring old dirt background of your minecraft menu to something nicer.
Custom Backgrounds Mod Usage:
When you first install the mod on your client it will be in random mode. It will randomly select a background out of a pool from blocks i found looked quite nice as backgrounds.
You can also specify your own background in the config file (Fixed-Background), it takes a Resource Location. For example “textures/blocks/stone.png” will be stone and “textures/blocks/bedrock.png” will be bedrock. If you open up your minecraft.jar in a zip program you can see all the names of the vanilla minecraft textures.
This also works for blocks (/textures) from other mods, just open up the mod jar in a zip program and locate the texture you wanna use in their assets folder and stick “modid:” in front of it. For example “mineralogy:textures/blocks/drywall_yellow.png” will use the yellow drywall texture from Mineralogy.
Custom Backgrounds Mod Installation:
- First you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Then download this Minecraft mod file at link below.
- Go to %appdata%. It can also be found by searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does’nt exist in your PC, you’ll need create one.
- Then drag and drop the downloaded .jar (or .zip) file into mods folder.