Creeper Awareness Mod 1.10.2, 1.9.4, 1.9 resurrects secret feature that was added in snapshot 14w11, and removed after because of the lag it was causing. And that’s simply because mojang implemented it in a very unefficient way.
Next to mojang’s implementation, creeper awareness is:
- More efficient.
- Supports charged creepers correctly.
- Supports TNT.
- Has API, meaning any mod can implement support for it’s explosives.
How does mod work?
Each world has list of explosion sources associated to it. To this list all things that will explode are added. For example primed tnt, or fused creeper.
For each of those sources, list of entities that are in zone that explosion will affect is created. By default, it’s a sphere (yes, sphere, not a box) with 2.5 times radius of future explosion.
Then, each entity in the list is told to go outside of this zone. There are 2 path finding algorithms: “random” and “smart”:
- Random algorith sends them to random block away from center with minimum distance 2.5 times radius of future explosion.
- Smart algorith uses vector math to ray trace position outside of affected zone, and then y search to find accessible block.
By default, smart algorithm is active, but it can be changed in config file.
Creeper Awareness Mod Installation
- First you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Then download this Minecraft mod file at link below.
- Go to %appdata%. It can also be found by searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does’nt exist in your PC, you’ll need create one.
- Then drag and drop the downloaded .jar (or .zip) file into mods folder.