The Conquest texture-pack made heavy use of these metadata blocks, with there being over 500 more blocks available in versions prior to 1.8. Therefore, we have developed a mod that brings these lost blocks back into the game, while allowing players to experience the very best of 1.8, 3D models.
- Over 550 new blocks to build with!
- 3D Models that add even more detail to the handcrafted Conquest textures.
- Blocks designed to enhanced terrain creation, create smooth sand dunes and rolling hills with new blocks that emulate snow layers, but don’t melt, or use the wide variety of grass, gravel, and sandstone variants to add more detail to your landscapes.
- Connected textures for existing and additional blocks to give the world a realistic, immersive appearance.
- Animations! Watch a pile of gold coins glimmer, hot coals glow, or the new bird blocks take flight.
- A resource pack specifically designed for the 1.8 Conquest Mod, but can also be used without the mod to simply enjoy the enhanced models and textures for vanilla blocks.
Conquest Mod Installation
- Download Forge. Simply launch the forge jar file to install it.
- Launch the game using your forge profile, and navigate to C:\Users\<profile name>\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods. Download the latest version of Optifine and drop the Optifine file into the “mods” folder you opened previously.
- Download Conquest Mod. Drop the file into the “mods” folder as you did with optifine.
- Download Conquest Mod texturepack. Navigate to the resourcepack folder at C:\Users\<profile name>\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\resourcepacks and drop the Conquest Mod texturepack into that folder.
- Navigate to the resourcepack interface in Minecraft. Click on “CONQUESTMODS” to get it to be a “Selected Resource Pack”. Press done.
- You’re finished! If you have any issues, first read the KNOWN ISSUES on this page. If your issue is not there, leave a message and we’ll fix it as as soon as possible.
*NOTE: Turn off mipmapping in Optifine, if you leave it on some textures will appear blurry, even when you’re close and looking straight at them.