Colorful Mobs Mod 1.7.10, 1.7.2 aims to diversify your Minecraft world through the addition of a new and simplistic color mechanic. This new color mechanic allows all entities to be given altered color properties, which will change how they appear in game. Colorful Mobs uses the RGBA system for coloring mobs, which means players have access to 16777216 different colors, along with a varying degree of transparency.
- Mobs can spawn in the world naturally with any random color!
- Dye Powder which can be used to dye any mob!
- Dyed mobs will drop a Dye Powder with the same color that mob had.
- Random Dye which can be used to apply a random color to a mob. [creative only]
- Ghost Dust which can be used to apply varying degrees of transparency. [creative only]
- Color Wand, a tool for setting precise color settings. [creative only]
- The ability for only certain mobs to spawn with color effects. [Disabled by default]
- The ability to dye other players! [disabled default]
- Fully working on both Client, Server and Lan!
- Fully functioning config file, and in game config GUI.
Dye Powder can appear in any of the 16 777 216 RGB colors. When used on a mob, the color effect will be applied to that mob. By default, when a dyed mob is killed, it will drop a Dye Powder which represents the color of that mob, that color can then be applied to another entity. This item can also be crafted by using paper, string and bone meal, however only the pure white version can be made. Pure white dye can be used to restore a mob to its natural colors, and for copying non-white dye. To copy a colored dye, simply put it in a crafting table, along with another any number of pure white dye powder, this recipe is shapeless.
Pure White Dye Powder Recipe
Copy Dye Recipe
Rainbow Dust & Ghost Dust
The Rainbow Dust and Ghost Dust are special variants on the the normal Dye Powder. When Rainbow Dust is used on an entity, it will randomly generate a color, and apply that color to the entity. Alternatively, the Ghost Dust item will apply a transparency to the entity. Ghost Dust comes in six tiers, starting at 0% transparency and going up to 100% transparency, each tier increasing the value by 20%. At this time, neither of the two items can be crafted, and can only be obtained in creative mode. If you have any ideas as to how players should be able to obtain these items, let us know in the comments
The Data Checker is a utility item which can be used to check information on a specific entity. Simply right click on the entity you would like to check, and a message will be sent to your chat containing the Red, Green and Blue value, along with the Transparency and the entity name. While the entity name may seem a little out of place, it is used by the configuration file and will likely be a very useful tool to help those configuring the mod.
Data Checker Recipe
The Color Wand is a special item which allows the user to finely adjust the color of a mob. When right an entity is clicked on with this item, a GUI will be displayed. In this GUI you will be able to use sliders to adjust the red, green and blue balance of the mob, and there is also a slider for the alpha/transparency. In the gui you will also get a preview of the mob and how it will look once you hit the confirm button. This items is currently only available in the creative menu however there are plans to make this item obtainable in the next update.
Colorful Mobs Mod Installation:
- First you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Then download this Minecraft mod file at link below.
- Go to %appdata%. It can also be found by searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does’nt exist in your PC, you’ll need create one.
- Then drag and drop the downloaded .jar (or .zip) file into mods folder.