The intention of the CoFH Common Library is to establish a framework for modders to use to avoid “reinventing the wheel,” as it were. This library contains a lot of basic functionality that quite a few mods end up adding at some point during their development.
Ideally, using this library will allow for more rapid mod development as a lot of the “boring” yet essential code is provided here. Additionally, it has the potential to greatly reduce permgen space, and who can argue with that?
CoFHLib Mod Installation:
- First you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Then download this Minecraft mod file at link below.
- Go to %appdata%. It can also be found by searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does’nt exist in your PC, you’ll need create one.
- Then drag and drop the downloaded .jar (or .zip) file into mods folder.