The intention of the CoFH Common Library (CoFH Lib) is to establish a framework for modders to use to avoid “reinventing the wheel,” as it were. CoFH Lib contains a lot of basic functionality that quite a few mods end up adding at some point during their development.
Ideally, using CoFH Lib will allow for more rapid mod development as a lot of the “boring” yet essential code is provided here. Additionally, this library has the potential to greatly reduce permgen space, and who can argue with that?
Obviously, we have to maintain this library and keep it compatible with the changes and updates introduced by Minecraft and Forge, but we’ll try and only add new things if at all possible.
- If your mod need Forge, you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Open minecraft.jar file at: C:\Users\(your computer name)\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin or searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu. Open minecraft.jar with Winrar or Winzip.
- Open the .zip/.rar/folder of your mod and drag and drop the contents into the minecraft.jar.
- Delete the META-INF folder in the minecraft.jar. Then close minecraft.jar.
- Open Minecraft and play!
- If your mod does not work or you see a black screen: You need Delete your minecraft.jar found here “C:\Users\(your computer name)\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin”. Then Open Minecraft, let it auto-update so your .jar can be restord. Attempt to re-install your mod.