Chocapic13’s Shaders Mod 1.8, 1.7.10 makes minecraft use an highly configurable deferred shading pipeline. This means that it’s possible to add to minecraft almost all the latest visuals effects that you can see in modern games. To easily visualize how works this mod, there’s a java part that “extract” informations from minecraft and another part that do the cool effects with these informations.
How to install Chocapic13’s Shaders Mod:
For Minecraft 1.6.2 and up:
- Use Mojang’s Minecraft Launcher to run Minecraft 1.6.2. Then close it.
- Install minecraft forge with minecraft forge installer.
- Use Mojang’s Minecraft Launcher to run Minecraft 1.6.2 with profile Forge. Check whether everything is alright and close.
- Put ShadersModCore-xxxx.jar in .minecraft/mods folder.
- Use Mojang’s Minecraft Launcher to run Minecraft 1.6.2 with profile Forge.
- Open Option menu, Shaders… button. Click open shaderpacks folder.
- Put shaderpack in the folder.
- In Shaders screen click shaderpack name.
Normal map and specular map name
- Append _n.png or _s.png to texture name in resource pack. It will end with “.png_n.png” or “.png_s.png” .
- texture in resource pack : assetsminecrafttexturesblockscobblestone.png
- normal map in resource pack : assetsminecrafttexturesblockscobblestone.png_n.png
- specular map in resource pack : assetsminecrafttexturesblockscobblestone.png_s.png
New features required for SUES v10.0 are not implemented yet.
For Minecraft 1.5.2 and below:
- 1-Be sure to have the latest graphics driver for your graphic card !
- 2-Download the specified optifine version (If you want to use forge, you need forge #673 for 1.5.2, forge #518 for 1.4.7)
- 3-Place optifine stuff into your minecraft.jar
- 4-Place the content of the shadermod folder for your version into your minecraft.jar
- 5-Open minecraft, options/shader/open shaderpack folder, place the “v3-lite”,”v3-low”…etc here.
- 6-Select my shaders, load a world, enjoy!