CaveControl Mod 1.7.10, 1.7.2 allows you to control the generation of caves and underground structures. These settings do not affect the nether or mod dimensions, but may affect the Twilight Forest.
The cave density multiplier allows you to make caves sparser or denser. To disable caves entirely, set the density to zero. Sparser caves generally mean easier survival play and are simpler for creative worlds, while denser caves allow for more exploration.
Ravine frequency can also be controlled. At higher settings, ravines spawn more frequently. Like with caves, a zero frequency disables them entirely.
Note that excessive cave or ravine densities can easily crash computers, as the Minecraft cave generation algorithms are surprisingly intensive.
Cave Control allows you to enable or disable the generation of various types of underground structures:
- Enable/Disable Mineshaft Generation
- Enable/Disable Dungeon Generation
- Enable/Disable Stronghold Generation
By default, all caves below layer 10 are filled with lava. Cave Control allows you to disable that feature, exposing the bedrock in the deep caves and generally making caving safer. However, mobs can spawn more frequently due to a lack of lava lighting, and it sharply reduces the amount of early-game lava available for obsidian, decoration, or fuel in tech mods.
Cave control also allows for deep caves to be filled with water instead. Note that this sharply reduces the density of those caves, as water-filled caves are not taken to be valid cave nodes by the generation algorithm.
CaveControl Mod Installation
- First you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Then download this Minecraft mod file at link below.
- Go to %appdata%. It can also be found by searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does’nt exist in your PC, you’ll need create one.
- Then drag and drop the downloaded .jar (or .zip) file into mods folder.