CaveBiomes Mod 1.7.10, 1.7.2 is centred around the concept of making underground cave exploration a bit more interesting, by adding a few new blocks like stalactites and stalagmites, and then utilising existing them alongside vanilla blocks along with some vanilla-style blocks to create a more interesting experience. The mod works perfectly fine on its own, however it is designed as a world-gen companion for Underground Biomes Constructs. All UBC stone types have corresponding stalactites and stalagmites, and CaveBiomes takes advantage of the different UBC stone types. Furthermore, it works in conjunction with WTF-Tweaks; which encourages cave exploration by making strip-mining more difficult.
Dungeon-like sub-types, which generate in small patches. Some of them mimic vanilla dungeons, others contain rare blocks, or interesting things. Some subtypes are general, and can spawn anywhere, others are cave-biome specific, and only spawn in certain biomes or at certain depths.
UBC Specific features:
This adds Mossy and Mossy-Cobblestone versions UBC stones, and a sand-version of UBC sedimentary stones (functioning similar to vanilla sand and sandstone 4 sedimentary sand = 4 Sedimentary stone). There are Lava Crust versions of all igneous and metamorphic stones, in addition to stalactite and stalagmite variants of all UBC stone types.
CaveBiomes Mod Installation:
- First you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Then download this Minecraft mod file at link below.
- Go to %appdata%. It can also be found by searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does’nt exist in your PC, you’ll need create one.
- Then drag and drop the downloaded .jar (or .zip) file into mods folder.