Bloodmoon Mod 1.11.2, 1.10.2, 1.9.4 adds a lunar event called “Bloodmoon”, every night there is a chance of 5% (configurable) that a bloodmoon will rise. During the following night monsters will spawn faster and closer to the player. The spawn limit of monsters will also be higher. Notice that all of these things only apply to monsters spawned on the surface, you will not experience any of these effects if you are for example in a cave. You can also not sleep through a bloodmoon night (configurable). You can also turn on an option in the config file to make all monsters spawned by a bloodmoon vanish at dawn (Disabled by default).
On the visual side the moon, the sky and sky light will be tinted red, to accommodate for the red sky the fog will also turn black for a nicer effect.
Bloodmoon Mod Installation:
- First you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Then download this Minecraft mod file at link below.
- Go to %appdata%. It can also be found by searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does’nt exist in your PC, you’ll need create one.
- Then drag and drop the downloaded .jar (or .zip) file into mods folder.