BetterVanilla Mod 1.7.10, 1.7.2 attempts to improve vanilla gameplay by changing existing mechanics and expanding upon existing content.
- More armor: Adds crafting recipes for Oak Armor, Spruce Armor, Jungle Armor, Birch Armor, Dark Oak Armor, Acacia Armor, Pumpkin Armor, Melon Armor, and Cactus Armor;
- Colored beds: Introduces a range of craftable, colored beds to the game;
- Pluckable chickens: Allows players to pluck chickens by using shears;
- Dispenser overhaul: Makes dispensers place blocks, plant seeds, and use hoes and shears instead of dropping them as items;
- Craftable horse armor: Makes horse armor craftable by players;
- Bonemeal tweak: Allows bonemeal to be used on cacti, sugar canes, and nether warts;
- Rotten Flesh to Leather: Adds two mutually exclusive ways of converting Rotten Flesh to Leather, configurable by the player;
- Cauldron tweaks: Allows players to wash away the dye from dyed wool and clay using a cauldron, allows players to place lava and milk in cauldrons, and allows players to empty full cauldrons with buckets;
- Apples tweak: Allows players to customize the drop rate of apples;
- Bookshelves drop tweak: Makes bookshelves drop a book shelf upon destruction instead of books;
- Cacti placement tweak: Allows cacti to be placed beside solid blocks without breaking;
- Craftable clay: Makes clay craftable by players;
- Craftable cobweb: Makes cobweb craftable by players;
- Craftable endstone: Makes endstone craftable by players;
- Craftable flint: Makes flint craftable by players;
- Craftable grass: Makes grass and mycelium craftable by players;
- Craftable moss stone: Makes moss stone, cracked stone bricks, mossy stone bricks, and chiseled stone bricks craftable by players;
- Craftable nametags: Makes nametags craftable by players;
- Craftable rotten flesh: Makes rotten flesh craftable by players;
- Craftable saddles: Makes saddles craftable by players;
- Craftable slimeballs: Makes slimeballs craftable by players;
- Cheaper hoppers: Replaces the vanilla hopper recipe with a cheaper and more sensible one;
- Doors tweak: Increase the maximum stack size of doors from 1 to 16;
- Ender chest drop tweak: Makes ender chests drop an ender chest upon destruction instead of obsidian blocks;
- Ice drop tweak: Makes ice blocks drop an ice block upon destruction instead of creating a water source when in a cold biome;
- Mob Filter: Allows players to prevent specific mobs from spawning naturally by entering their names in a list in the configuration file;
- More Potions: Adds brewable Milk Bottles, Lava Bottles, and Potions of Ender;
- Smeltable Items: Allows most iron and golden items and blocks to be smelted back into their respective ingots.
Every individual feature can be enabled or disabled in the configuration file.
From left to right: Milk Bottles, Lava Bottles, and Potions of Ender.
Milk Bottles and Lava Bottles are obtained by using empty bottles on cauldrons filled with milk and lava, respectively. Potions of Ender are brewed using Awkward Potions and Ender Pearls. The splash versions of all mod potions can be brewed similar to vanilla potions, using gunpowder.
Iron Horse Armor
Golden Horse Armor
Diamond Horse Armor
Mossy Stone Brick
Cracked Stone Brick
Chiseled Stone Brick
BetterVanilla Mod Installation:
- First you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Then download this Minecraft mod file at link below.
- Go to %appdata%. It can also be found by searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does’nt exist in your PC, you’ll need create one.
- Then drag and drop the downloaded .jar (or .zip) file into mods folder.