The goal of BetterBeginnings mod 1.8, 1.7.10 is to extend the beginning portion of Minecraft’s early game, increase the difficulty, all while staying true to the original feel of vanilla.
The early stage of Minecraft tends to be quick and easy. Punch three logs, make a crafting table, make a wood pick, mine three stone, and that’s it. No more early game. With BetterBeginnings, you will spend a much longer time “on the move”, simply trying to survive the terrifying world you live in. Punching trees? Wood tools? Haha…no. While this mod is primarily designed with early game in mind, it also adds features that continue this experience throughout the survival gameplay.
BetterBeginnings mod is designed to stay close to the gameplay of vanilla Minecraft. While we will work on providing as much compatibility as possible, the mod will not fit well with most mods, and is designed to be one of only a few gameplay-altering mods.
- If your mod need Forge, you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Open minecraft.jar file at: C:\Users\(your computer name)\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin or searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu. Open minecraft.jar with Winrar or Winzip.
- Open the .zip/.rar/folder of your mod and drag and drop the contents into the minecraft.jar.
- Delete the META-INF folder in the minecraft.jar. Then close minecraft.jar.
- Open Minecraft and play!
- If your mod does not work or you see a black screen: You need Delete your minecraft.jar found here “C:\Users\(your computer name)\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin”. Then Open Minecraft, let it auto-update so your .jar can be restord. Attempt to re-install your mod.