Better Minerals Mod Mod 1.7.10, 1.7.2 adds 8 new Ores and items for them along with 16 new tool sets that show off the MOH’s hardness scale. The Moh’s hardness scale says that minerals can scratch minerals that are softer than them. With 1 (talc) as the lowest and 10(diamond) as the hardest, you can use different minerals to see their hardness. This mod added 8 new ores with gems/crystals and ore blocks for each.
Each is the representative of a place on the MOH’s hardness scale:
|9||Corundum / Sapphire|
Quartz and diamond are already in the game but quartz doesn’t have many uses. I added 9 tool sets and 9 armor sets (diamond already has these).
Corundum is a type of mineral and Sapphires are a subset of them. Sapphires can be any color except red. A red sapphire is a ruby.
Better Minerals Mod Mod Installation:
- First you need download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Then download this Minecraft mod file at link below.
- Go to %appdata%. It can also be found by searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does’nt exist in your PC, you’ll need create one.
- Then drag and drop the downloaded .jar (or .zip) file into mods folder.