Better Foliage Mod 1.10.2, 1.9.4, 1.9 is a mod that re-implementation of some features of Better Grass & Leaves mod. This mod makes your plant life a bit more verdant and fluffy by drawing some extra stuff on trees, grass blocks, cacti, lilypads. This mod also adds reeds in shallow water.
Better Foliage Mod Usage:
Better Foliage mod is client only, although it will not crash your server if you add it accidentally.
Extra leaves will be rendered for each leaf block that has at least one side touching an air block. Grass will be rendered for grass blocks with an air block above them.
There is a config GUI, opened by pressing F8 (configurable), or using the config button after selecting it in your mod list. Here you can set rendering options for grass and leaves.
- On/Off: self-explanatory
- Size: size of the extra polygons, relative to block diameter
- Offset: how much off-center the polygons should be (relative to diameter), to break up the regularity. Separate horizontal and vertical value for leaves. Only flowers are displaced for lilypads
- Offset mode: leaves only. In Translate mode, round leaves will be moved off-center, but have a perfect 45° angle. In Skew mode, leaves will stay centered, but the corners will be dragged around.
- Height: for grass and reeds only, minimum and maximum values
- Flower Chance: how many lilypads out of 64 should have a flower on them
- Reeds Chance: how many suitable blocks out of 64 should have reeds (approximate)
Better Foliage Mod Installation
- Copy Better Foliage in the mods folder of your installation
- Copy Better Grass and LeavesMod (for 1.6.x) in the resourcepacks folder of your installation. Yes, the mod itself will act as your resourcepack.
- Rename Better Grass and Leaves to change its extension to .zip
After you start the game, make sure to activate the Better Grass and Leaves resource pack.